Adding FM simplex channels to the Retevis RT3S

This is a pretty simple one, but I thought it might be useful to create a Zone containing the 2m and 70cm simplex channels. There aren't enough slots to include the "in between" 12.5 kHz channels, so I have only added the more commonly used 25 kHz channels on both bands.

First, create the Channels:


I have named them using both the old and the new channel name conventions, i.e.:

V40 (S20) - 145.500 MHz
V42 (S21) - 145.525 MHz, etc.

U280 (SU20) - 433.500 MHz
U282 (SU21) - 433.525 MHz, etc.

If you need it, a list of channels can be found here: Simplex_Channel_Frequency.pdf (joomla.com)

Note that for the 2m band, the Bandwidth should be set to 12.5 kHz, and for 70cm it should be 25 kHz. Apart from that, the settings are similar:



Next, I created a Zone called "FM Simplex", and added each of the channels to it. For convenience, I put 2m channels in bank A, and 70cm channels in bank B. In each case, I put the calling channel in slot 1:


Finally, I created a scan group called "Simplex scan" containing all of the VHF and UHF channels:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a basic codeplug for DMR (DMR Part 2)

Adding Brandmeister to the Hotspot (DMR Part 4)

D-STAR, Pi-Star and IC-705